Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tuscan Penne Pasta Recipe

Tuscan Penne Pasta

So I kinda made this dish up. I had this amazing dish at the The Spaghetti Warehouse a month or two ago called Tuscan Rigatoni and I wanted to make something along those lines. This is what I ended up with and it was a hit! It was super easy to (just some chopping of veggies). I also used 2 jars of sauce. I typically make my own but I got a super good deal on sauce and wanted it to be super easy!



Ingredients:
*1 box whole wheat Penne
*1 Jar Bertolli Five Cheese with Asiago & Fontina red sauce (though any red sauce would work)
*1 Jar Bertolli Four Cheese Rosa white sauce (any white sauce would work here too)
* Parmesan cheese (freshly shredded)
* Oil for sauteeing veggies
* Tomatoes, chopped
* Marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
*sundried tomatoes, chopped
*Onions, chopped
*3 cloves of garlic, pressed
*Mushrooms, sliced
*Zucchini, chopped





Directions:
1. Boil water for pasta and cook.
2. Meanwhile, pour both jars of sauce together and heat on low heat. I added quite a bit of Italian herbs and garlic to the sauce to make it taste good.
3. Heat oil in saute pan. Add onions and garlic.
4. A couple minutes later, add mushrooms and zucchini.
5. After a few more minutes add tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
6. Once veggies are cooked season with salt and pepper.
7. Now you can make the dish! Put pasta on your plate. Top with desired amount of sauce then top with veggies and finally shredded cheese.
8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment