Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pasta Salad

Delicious Summer Pasta Salad
Serves 4-6

The key to this pasta salad is the dressing! I've played around with other ones but this one is the BEST! Ken's Creamy Balsamic is also good and VEGAN so you can make this meal vegan). I also love that this recipe can be really really cheap with sales. The pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, peas, and dressing all go on sale regularly :).

Ingredients:
1 package veggie pasta (I use Ronzoni Garden Delights or Wacky Mac... loving the bow-ties these days)
1/2 package regular pasta (I love using those corkscrews!)
2 teaspoons olive oil (or oil from sun-dried tomatoes)
1 Big handful sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I've used regular and packed in oil. Packed in oil = more calories but also yummier!)
1 small can sliced olives, drained
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
fresh shredded Parmesan cheese (optional, I actually like it better without)
Balsamic Dressing (I LOVE LOVE LOVE Marzetti Simply Dressed Balsamic, and its BOGO this week!)

Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. In large bowl combine pasta with olive oil (I skip this if I'm using sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil and just use a bit of that oil instead)
3. Add sun-dried tomatoes, olives, frozen peas, and Parmesan cheese (optional).
4. Refrigerate until serving.
5. Add dressing when you serve the pasta salad. If you put it on beforehand, the pasta just soaks in the dressing but the flavor goes away, so definitely wait until you are serving it to add the dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment